Articolo

Monteriggioni
7 Apr

Monteriggioni

The Castle of Monteriggioni was built by the Sienese, to order of Guelph mayor from Porcari, in a period between 1214 and 1219. The land was bought by the noble family from Staggia, was the seat of an ancient Lombard farm (the name Montis Regis probably meant a fund regal property or tax exemptions enjoyed by the crown).